Saturday I lost a friend that has been there for me when other and former friends failed; when I was having fun at parties, when I was bored...
This friend wasn't exceptionally pretty, rich or slender. Actually this friend was pretty broken by the end...
Yes I am talking about the cell phone I have had for 5 years! Despite being old and chipped off and covered with Disney stickers and I think it was 5 Disney and Hello Kitty danglers it was my phone, my beloved phone that until Saturday has been working like it should! No it wasn't a smart phone, no it wasn't pretty and once in a while the alarm didn't go off in the morning because the back of it had shifted so no sound came through... but it has always been one of my closest 'friends' through everything that happened the last few years and most importantly it's my life line to esp. one great friend who lives across the country... and No I can't afford another the way things are right now.
You really notice how much a cell phone means to your life, and mine couldn't even go online or use apps! But today I found I couldn't pretend not to care by looking at some old message, I couldn't jot something down in the calendar and I couldn't share a funny moment with a friend before it's now passed and I have no idea what it was all about... and I had no idea what time it was, hadn't it been for my MP3 player!
How did people live 10 years ago?? Its a great mystery to me!
Changing my cell phone the last time, 5 years ago wasn't difficult for me because well I only used it to check the time and ask or answer the question 'what are you doing'... or my mum texting to ask me if I would do her a favor before she got home... But this phone has been there through so much stuff and it feels so special...
No comments:
Post a Comment